A fire did about $50,000 worth of damage to a home under renovation in Germantown

Nobody was injured in an upper-level structure fire at a Germantown house on Nov. 5.



a close up of a street in front of a building: The firefighters and paramedics for the Germantown Fire Department are raising $7,000 for new cardio equipment to use during their shift. Because cardiac-related issues is the leading cause of death for firefighters on the job, the department officials is asking the community to donate for this cause.


© Cathy Kozlowicz
The firefighters and paramedics for the Germantown Fire Department are raising $7,000 for new cardio equipment to use during their shift. Because cardiac-related issues is the leading cause of death for firefighters on the job, the department officials is asking the community to donate for this cause.

The home on Catskill Lane was under renovation, and the owners were planning to sell it, according to Fire Chief John Delain. The house had been unoccupied, and there were no belongings there at the time of the fire, he said. 

“Since no one was living there, and there were no personal belongings (at the house), it was not as traumatic as it could have been,” said Delain.

Get daily updates on the Packers during the season.

An investment company owned the house and was renovating it, Delain said.

Damages were limited to one corner of the upper floor of the house, he said. The damage could be fixed, and the house could still be renovated, he added.

The Germantown Fire Department responded to a call at 2:37 p.m. and found smoke and flames showing from the rear of the residence, with the upper floor and roof involved, according to a news release the department posted on its Facebook page.

Other area fire departments provided mutual aid: the Richfield Volunteer Fire Company and the Mequon, Menomonee Falls, Jackson, Slinger and Thiensville fire departments, according to the news release.

The fire remains under investigation.

Cathy Kozlowicz can be reached at 262-361-9132 or [email protected] Follow her on Twitter at @KozlowiczCathy.

Our subscribers make this reporting possible. Please consider supporting local journalism by subscribing to the Journal Sentinel at jsonline.com/deal.

This article originally appeared on Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: A fire did about $50,000 worth of damage to a home under renovation in Germantown

Continue Reading

Source Article