Walmart announced the completion of a remodeling of of its Joliet Supercenter store at Route 59 and Theodore Street.
The newly designed store includes innovations aimed at saving time for customers and others “to help protect associates and customers from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic,” Walmart said in a news release.
• updated fitting rooms with more space;
• an expanded self-checkout area with additional registers and larger bagging platforms;
• a modernized produce department;
• a Mother’s Room offering privacy and convenience for nursing mothers;
• a family restroom for customers with children.
“Joliet shoppers will be introduced to several enhanced departments as part of the remodel that will make for a greater shopping experience,” Store Manager Greg Judes said in the release. “The new additions and fresh look will make shopping fast and easy while also maintaining our everyday low prices and keeping safety top of mind.”
Walmart continues COVID-19 safety measures that include deep cleaning of key areas of the store, health screening and temperature checks for employees, limits on the numbers of customers allowed in the store at one time, and sneeze guards at checkout areas and the pharmacy.